Why Is Glass Balustrading In Trend Nowadays?
Glass is one of the most popular materials of choice in balustrading for new homes and buildings all around the world. The modern architecture nowadays makes use of frameless glass balustrades in the overall design and there is an extra emphasis on the final finishing detail of the balustrades. Using glass balustrading provides an extra safety feature in your new home or building. The building should be made according to the safety requirements which are put forward by the concerned authorities.
There are many benefits of using glass balustrading in your house or building.
- Strong and durable: Glass balustrading looks beautiful. Also, they are extremely strong and robust. It is a material that is extremely durable. Also, wood is often prone to pest infestation or corrosion in a few years so comparatively glass is a better option. When you use glass, you do not have to worry with regards to durability. You can continue using it for years just by little efforts in maintaining it. Glass has the excellent quality, and this makes it worth your investment. As they can last for decades, it is an affordable investment.
- The best part of modern interiors: The main reason for including the glass balustrading in the construction is that it adds a touch of modern architecture. This increases the look of any building in which it is fitted. This will also increase the value of the house whenever you decide to sell it and you will get a good amount of money during the resale. When you have this kind of attractive feature in the house, it will be appealing for a lot of buyers as well.
- Creates an illusion of more space: One of the main reasons why structures with glass balustrading are so popular in-home designs today is that they help to create an illusion of having more space in the building. This is more convenient when the balustrade is made with clear and see-through glass. The illusion of more space makes the area look much larger than it is actually. This cannot be achieved using a metal, chrome or iron balustrades. But when you use a glass balustrade for stairs or areas which are on an elevation like a glass shower or a glass door, you get to enjoy the transparent border which creates a fresh and more expanded atmosphere.
- Easy to clean: Along with looking beautiful, glass balustrading is also easy to clean and maintain. You just need a commercial glass cleaning product with you and a lint-free cloth. This will help your balustrades in a perfect condition even after years of use. You can get done with the cleaning in no time. Maintaining them is as easy as it can get. In case you end up dealing with scratches and other damage, you can look after them just by applying polish. It can easily restore the glass to its original beauty once again.
- Space for light to travel: The balustrades which are made up of glass have this property of being transparent. This makes it very popular as it does not block light. Glass railings also allow the light to shine through, which enhances the presence of sunlight. It also helps to create a feeling of being more open even when you are inside. Natural lighting is always a pleasant feeling when it is available.
This way glass balustrade provides great versatility to the design and can perfectly combine with any other material used for a new installation. In short, glass is a wonderful choice due to its functional and visual benefits for any building.